Though not all of the buildings are accessible, we thought guests might find it helpful to know our buildings by their most often used names. As you enter the campus:
This two-story cottage was built in 1895; and served as a home for teachers who worked at the Joseph Keasby Brick Agricultural, Industrial and Normal School. This is one of the two remaining homes of the original campus.
This two-story cottage was built in 1895; and was home to the family of Mr. Thomas Sewell Inborden, Principal of the Joseph Keasby Brick Agricultural, Industrial and Normal School. This is one of the two remaining homes of the original campus.
Built in 1954 as the home for the 1st Director of Franklinton Center at Bricks, the home was built facing the campus.
Our pool has allowed local community members (along with) campus visitors to learn how to swim! Though it is not currently open, our swimming pool remains the only publicly accessible swimming pool in the area.
The current Dining Hall was built in the 1950’s as part of the creation of Franklinton Center at Bricks.
Model School House
Built as part of the Brick Tri-County Public School. Built in the style of the Rosenwald Schools by Harry Mills.
Hospitality House 2
Built in 2006, the newest building on campus is a retreat and conference center. The main lobby features the Pictorial Exhibition of “Answering the
Cry for Life and Liberty: Joseph K. Brick Agricultural, Industrial and Normal
School and Its Students” by Dr. Willa M. Cofield. The Rev. Dr. Yvonne Delk Fellowship Hall is named after the first African-American woman ordained by the United Church of Christ in 1974.
Hospitality House 2 features 22 hotel-style rooms with private baths. Each room includes two double beds, and two of the guest rooms are fully ADA compliant. The Fellowship Hall seats up to 125 persons. A smaller conference room seats up to 10, and the foyer area seats up to 50, and is convenient for use as a registration area.
Hospitality House 1 (Old Dorm)
Memorial Hall, Community Wing & Administrative Offices
The center part of this structure (Memorial Hall) was the original dining hall and is the oldest in-use building on campus, constructed in 1895. The south wing (Community Wing) houses the Museum & Library which includes books and artifacts from the Joseph Keasby Brick Agricultural, Industrial and Normal School, the Brick Junior College, the Brick Rural Life School, the Afro-Christian Convention, the Franklinton Christian College (Franklinton, NC), the Franklinton Center (Franklinton, NC), and the Brick Community. The north wing of this building is home to our Administrative Offices.