Franklinton Center at Bricks is a Social Justice Conference and Retreat Center located on the site of a former slave plantation. In 1895, this place of oppression was transformed into one of the first accredited schools for African Americans in Eastern North Carolina.
The FCAB’s mission is to promote social justice by empowering people through training, education, community development, and direct action. FCAB supports educational, cultural, environmental, nutritional, health-related, recreational, economic development, and leadership development activities to improve the quality of life for area residents.
Franklinton Center at Bricks is located in Edgecombe and Nash Counties and borders Halifax County.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Executive Committee Members
- Board Chair: Dale Bonds
- Vice Chair: Denise Perry
- Treasurer (Finance Committee Chair): Susan Perry Cole
- Secretary: Rev. Dr. Henry Simmons
- Council of Elders Representative: Rev. Dr. Yvonne V. Delk
- Executive Director of FCAB
- Mrs. Vivian Lucas
- Gregory W. Clinton, Sr.
- Arlane Gordon-Bray
- Rev. Dr. Altonnette (Toni) Hawkins, Fundraising Committee Chair
- Rev. Dr. Barbara Kershner Daniel, Governance Committee Chair
- Naeema Muhammad