Franklinton Center at Bricks is located on the site of what was formerly a plantation. The Center traces its beginnings to the founding of the Franklinton Christian College in1871 and the Congregationalist Bricks School in 1895. Both schools closed; and in 1946 the Franklinton Center formed to provide opportunities for Christian Education, fellowship and recreation. It moved from Franklinton, NC to Bricks in 1954 and was named the Franklinton Center at Bricks in 1994 as a ministry of the United Church of Christ managed/staffed by the UCC’s Justice and Witness Ministries. Franklinton Center at Bricks became a stand-alone 501c3 tax-exempt organization in 2015.
Franklinton Center at Bricks (FCAB) builds upon the lessons of history by creating forward looking programs that are relevant to the global struggle for justice and equality. FCAB has a rich and varied past, with many names and uses. Today it is a conference center where local, regional, national and international justice advocates, leaders and truth seekers continue to learn and do the work needed to transform lives. Your generous contributions support the life of Franklinton Center at Bricks and our community.